Following the pandemic, life is different. More and more employees are working from remote offices. Relationships with customers are changing. Some may be permanent. Employees aren’t sure how to respond. Employers can help smooth these uncharted waters by defining the new normal for employees and customers. Focus on communicating with employees and teaching them the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in these uncertain times.
Here are four ways to use online training software to help employees to provide quality customer experiences.1. Enhance customer experiences – For years, businesses have focused on customer service. Superb customer service still is essential. But customers no longer are loyal to products and brands. Their loyalty is more dependent on the service and their experiences with businesses. So in the new normal, your business needs to focus on all the contacts customers have with your products and services.
Small business owners need to define for employees expectations for customer services. Then educate employees about your vision. It’s easy to use online training software to set up modules to teach employees how to predict, meet and exceed customer expectations. The goal is that every customer contact is a positive experience. Review these tips to find the right online training software.
Explain the importance of listening to customer requests. Make it a priority to respond to customer concerns quickly, such as within 24 hours. Help employees understand that the focus on customer experiences is not a trend. It’s part of your long-term strategy to better care of customers.
2. Develop a strategic training plan – Your employees are essential in connecting customers to your business. Develop an employee training plan to make sure you cover all the topics employees need to know to provide excellent customer experiences.
Through the online training, explain your customer strategy for how to treat employees through every step of the buying cycle. Here are a few tips:
* Explain how customers feel at each point in their contact with your business.
* Share how employees can provide more value at each step on the customer journey.
* Show how to track and respond to customer feedback. Set a goal for how long it should take employees to follow up on customer’s comments and questions?
* Emphasize the importance of handling every customer contact the same way, so they know what to expect.
3. Teach employees about your customers – Design online training modules to educate employees about your customers. Explain how and why customers use your products and how they benefit from them. Share market data about customers’ industries and your competitors’ products.
In the new normal, encourage employees to deliver customer value in each connection. Customers will be impressed and will want to keep buying from your business. And happy customers will tell others about their experience. It’s an excellent competitive strategy.4. Strengthen communications – Focusing on customer experiences means employees need to be great communicators. With online training software, you can provide the skills and knowledge employees need to help them succeed. Consider these ideas:
* Teach them how to write good emails and notes.
* Provide training on your products and services so employees can accurately answer customers’ questions.
* Give tips on how to talk on the phone and conduct in-person meetings.
These training topics will help employees feel more confident when serving customers. They will be more professional and provide the experiences customers expect.
Besides setting up informative training modules, take time each week to talk with employees. If not in person, through online team chats and one-on-one phone conversations. Through these discussions, you can affirm the information employees are learning in the training modules, review questions, and celebrate positive customer feedback and business accomplishments.